Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Trends: Nails

Hello Ladies! 

First of all I have to say that Fall officially starts in a matter of days and I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! I love everything about Fall. It starts to cool down outside and it's my favorite season for fashion!

I was pretty intrigued when I found out about this seasons new nail trend the "crackle" effect. When I went to Target to pick up this crackle polish I came across the four new Fall colors from essie... I had to get one too, right? Right!

essie

essie
This is my first coat with just the essie "Carry On" deep burgundy. This is a beautiful color and can be worn on its own. Currently its the polish I have on my toes.
Salley Hansen Crackle

Salley Hansen Crackle

Salley Hansen Crackle

Next I applied the crackle polish. I'm using Salley Hansen crackle silver overcoat. After playing with this polish a few times I've found that the crackle effect works much better if you apply one thick coat covering your entire nail. Then while it dries it will do the crackling effect on its own. If I apply a thin layer in a few strokes it doesn't behave like I want. Oh! One other thing... When I bought this I figured the crackle would be the secondary color but that's not the case. Whatever you apply as your first color will only be the accent or secondary color so make sure you invest in a crackle polish color that you will wear more often.

This is a picture of me failing to show all my nail polish. Hahaha

Let's try only two polishes this time... There, that works much better! The other two polishes were just my top (sally hansen) and base (O.P.I.) coats.

My two colors. 1) essie new fall color call carry on. 2) Sally Hansen's silver Crackle overcoat

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! I'm loving the crackle nail polishes. I tried one in a Sephora the other day and was hooked. I have yet to purchase one but I'm thinking I'll get a black to put over shades of pink. To your point, I have also heard really good things about the Sally Handsen brand! OPI used to be all the rage for these but rumor has it Sally's are just as good or even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you said that. I went in with the intentions of purchasing the OPI nail polish. I knew where the crackle polish was in the store so I just ran over, grabbed it and then browsed the essie area. When I got home I realized I grabbed the wrong brand! I figured since I already had it I would give it a shot. I must say I'm pretty happy with it! I think I might go back and get a different color in the OPI, like you said black crackle would be pretty cool. Don't get me wrong, I am happy I got the silver because metallics are going to be huge this Fall!

    ReplyDelete