Thursday, September 8, 2011

Does this crap really work?: Columbian Avocado Hair Mask

I always see all these DIY home beauty tips. I usually save them and think that I'll give them a shot at some point. However, I never tend to do them because later I always think "does this crap really work?" Well enough is enough! Today I am giving them a try. The first one on my list is the Columbian Avocado Hair Mask. Why this one first you ask? Well, because I had all of the ingredients already ;)

***Make sure that if you have a food allergy to any of these products DO NOT make this hair mask!!! If you're allergic to digesting these foods then most likely you'll be allergic to them topically too.***

columbian avocado hair mask

All you need is two egg whites and a half of an avocado.

columbian avocado hair mask

I used a food processor because it makes it easier to mix but you can do it by hand! First, I added the half an avocado into the food processor.

columbian avocado hair mask

Next, I added the two egg whites. From the above picture you can see that using the egg shells I rocked the yolk back and forth allowing the egg white to drop into the food processor while separating the yolk. Do that with both eggs and discard the yolk. Make sure to wash your hands after this step! Even though you'll be putting raw egg on your head you don't want to be touching other things
 with it on your hands! 

columbian avocado hair mask

Mix it! My first thought was "this looks like baby food." So once you get the same effect you'll know that it's finished mixing.

columbian avocado hair mask

Make sure you're wearing clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Trust me, this stuff is slimy!

columbian avocado hair mask

It feels a bit weird at first. I started on my hair part and worked it into my scalp. 

columbian avocado hair mask

Once I covered my entire scalp it made it much easier to work it down to the tips of my hair.

columbian avocado hair mask

Now you're head is completely covered in the Avocado Hair Mask! Let it sit for 15 minutes.

columbian avocado hair mask

After the 15 minutes are up wash and condition your hair.

The Results: After my shower I let my hair air dry over night and I didn't add any products. I wanted to make sure I knew the exact results of the Avocado Hair Mask. When I woke I brushed out my hair and didn't see a big difference or any additional shine. I was a bit disappointed that my first try wasn't going to be a success. HOWEVER, as the day goes on I'm falling in love with it. I keep catching myself playing with my hair. From the Avocado Hair Mask it gives you just what you want from your hair, the three S's: silky, soft and smooth. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. I would say this is a more hair "pick me up." This is a fast, organic and cheap hair treatment that will leave your hair ultra-smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment